Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Everyone wants to see my picture.

I'm trying to immigrate to Canada. Long story. So, I got some photos for the application. But in a frenzy of Taiwan-style government work, I've had to give them all away this week. I needed 2 pictures for a medical exam, and 5 to re-apply for a job I already have. I've still got one left, but I know they'll ask me for 3 or 4 when I go to get a tourist visa in Okinawa tomorrow. Not to mention the us$100 I'm going to have to give them for the privilege of going back to my home in Taiwan to do my job.

Sure, the Taiwanese have created a pretty impressive economy, but sometimes I wonder how they managed with all this government. I'm not against government as such, I just wish someone, somewhere had the slightest idea what was going on. The people who seem to know the least about my predicament, are, inexplicably, the people at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Curse. Swear. Bitch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home