Saturday, May 03, 2003

I may live in a crowded city. I may have to inhale bus exhaust while I fend off reckless idiots in their BMWs and Mercedes. I may go weeks without seeing the mountains because of the pollution. I may have to drink my whole week into oblivion with Corona and Heiniken on a Friday night. I may have a whole day where the only English I speak is meant to be understood by 6-year-old Taiwanse kids. I may have time to make a cup of coffee while my computer re-boots--again.

But.

I can still have a barbecue on my own porch on a Saturday afternoon. I can sit by the pool in a 5-star hotel where they open the doors for me and say "Good afternoon, sir." I can shoot fireworks at the idiots who run the parking lot across from my apartment. I can take a 2-hour lunch every day of the week. I can eat french fries whenever I want. And I can sit in front of this stupid box and play Sim City 4 for hours without anyone bothering me.

And thusly, a reasonable balance is maintained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home