Tuesday, September 23, 2003

For a foreigner living in Taiwan, there's not much entertainment except drinking. For a local, there's plenty of entertainment as long as there's a foreigner around.

I have started wearing sunglasses when I drive to work. They're pretty dark, so now I stare at other people while I'm waiting at lights. And then I noticed people looking back at me. At first, I thought they could see me staring at them. But now I realize, they don't give a shit whether I'm looking or not. I'm the entertainment.

At school, I'm like a rock star. Everywhere I go, six year olds shout "Teacher Jason! Teacher Jason!" They don't want to talk to me, they just want to tell me my own name. I'm glad there's only one place in Taiwan where this happens to me. Unfortunately, I'm there 40 hours a week.

Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home