Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Me and my boyfriend aren't likely to have a baby. To which I (and all those fundamentalist Christians (who are starting to sound like the most intolerant Muslims, by the way)) say, of course, thank God (Allah?). We would like to have some kind of civil recognition of our committment. We've been together almost 7 years. Our desire to stay together is what has kept us overseas for so long. It's just easier.

I find it hard to imagine that we would write exclusion back in to our Constitution. It's just too difficult a process. And when you think about it, all those gay people have families and straight friends, and I'd like to think that most of them would not be so narrow minded. My mom stopped going to her church when some of her church friends started sending "our church must never offer same-sex recognition" e-mails. Of course, Mom's biased now.

I'm not going to preach here, because the truth is that no minds will be changed. At least not before the next election. What I really wanted to do was to say that instead of a baby, we got a dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home