Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Fuck the (traffic) police

The traffic lights in the city are on a reasonably well-synchronized timer system. If all things are normal, I always know exactly which lights I will have to stop at. Even when traffic is heavy, my route has a certain flow.

Today traffic was bad, which is no big deal, because on a scooter, you can zip around most obstructions. But I still had to wait much longer today because of the traffic cop. Just one guy, plugged in to the light-control box at one major intersection, fucked everything up for miles. He was causing people to get stuck before and after all the lights around the one he was controlling, because they were still on the same timer they always are. So in turn, he was letting the light cycles run longer and longer to try and clear the backup.

I imagined a whole stage-full of Chinese acrobats falling all over each other because one of them was wearing a shock collar controlled by one guy in the audience.

Did I mention that it was pissing down rain during all this? That's really why I'm bitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home