Thursday, April 08, 2004

McDonald's Marketing Bastards
When I was a kid, there was a McDonald's commercial with a nervous girl getting ready for a piano recital. Her parents promised her that afterwards they'd go to McDonald's.

So anyway, she plays Fur Elise, makes a couple of mistakes, and then at the end plays the then-current McDonald's ditty on the piano. While she's playing the main piece, she makes up words. They went (something) like this:

"Oh boy I wish I was at McDonald's now, instead of here, playing this song
"I would have a big choc-o-late shake, and cheesburger, and also whoops and also fries
"And I would eat, my fries myself, and not give any, to my dumb brother"...

Cut to the present day. You can't put your trash out the night before in Taiwan (unless you live in a complex with a dumpster like many people), so when the electronic music rolls down the street, people stand outside and wait for the trash man to drive down the street.

Guess what fucking song the trucks play?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home