Thursday, November 04, 2004

Oh well.

Well, it's all over. America apparently has the president it wants. And for better or worse, it's the government it deserves. I've completely missed the first Bush term by living overseas, and if this Canadian immigration thing goes through, I'll get to miss the second one as well, though if I still have my U.S. citizenship in 2008, the Jeb Bush/Hillary Clinton matchup will warrant another absentee-ballot application.

My 7-year-olds have been very interested in this election since our mock vote last week. They were asking me all day yesterday who was the winner. It was still not over when I left at 5 p.m. (late Tuesday night in the states), so their homework was to watch TV and tell me the winner today. They all knew the answer. At one point, the kids were shouting "Bush" and "Kerry" at each other, and I told them that people in America were probably doing the same thing at that moment.

Best of luck to America, and by extension, the world, these next 4 years.

2 Comments:

At November 4, 2004 at 10:47 AM, Blogger teahouse said...

Thanks for the good wishes. Alas, I voted but it appeared to make no difference. My parents watched CNN from Asia. They called and said, "Well, at least when we retire and return to the U.S. in 7 years, he will no longer be in office."

 
At November 5, 2004 at 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason, been reading ya and love your blog. Could you aactivate the Atom feed for your blog (Settings -> Site Feed -> Publish Site Feed = Yes) so I can read your site via feeds? Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home