Friday, May 05, 2006

Nosy Neighbo(u)rs

Everyone in town knows us, but we don't know anyone back. It's kind of frustrating, because people we meet know where we live before we know anything about them. The only thing I can gather about the neighbours comes from checking their garbage and recycling when they throw it out. On one side lives an old English lady that no one ever sees. I call her Mrs. Teacozy.

I don't know what she knows about us, but we're making up our own gossip about her. The thing about her that seems suspicious is that she doesn't seem to generate any garbage. Every 2 weeks, all she has out at the curb is 14 days worth of newspapers, 3 or 4 milk cartons, and some empty cans.

What can she be eating? I don't even see any cat food containers, despite the fact that the neighborhood strays seem to be hanging out at her house a lot. The only positive thing that can come of all of this is that the cats will hopefully keep the skunks away. I saw one in our yard yesterday. I'm sure the neighbors already knew.

1 Comments:

At May 8, 2006 at 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!

I wonder if the neighbors are hip to the internet? They could be blogging all the gossip and even people in Vancouver know there is a skunk in your yard. Speaking of skunks, I wouldn't count on anything besides smelly cats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home