Monday, July 28, 2003

My kindergarten students graduated last weekend. But they're still at school this week. Two years ago, this was summer vacation week. This year it's "summer camp." I think all 4-year-olds deserve to have at least a week away from school. But no. Apparently weekends are enough for the unloved child whose parents would rather work 52 weeks a year than take some time with their sons or daughters before they're old enough to be resentful. And my school would rather encourage this neglect than lose a week's worth of tuition.

I was at school 13 days in a row, and so was all the other staff. You'd think the school could at least spring for dinner after the ceremony. But they asked the teachers and staff to help pay for the dinner. So I didn't go.

Anyway, the real reason I posted was because one of my students gave me this.

Oh yeah, and now I've seen 2 baby lizards in my bedroom. Mom's nowhere to be found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home