Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Christmas Cards

I just spent 45 minutes and 50 dollars at the post office this afternoon. That's over a dollar a minute. Tim and I mailed off 30 Christmas cards and 4 packages. That's not including the stuff that's getting delivered by Amazon.com.
I'm sure the cards will surprise people, and then they might feel some guilt about not sending one back. I always forget about that, because I do it more to encourage my own Christmas spirit in this non-celebrating country than for the benefit of the recipient. But for the most part, the same bunch got cards last year, so if they don't send one, I can't say I'll be surprised myself. I'm guessing we'll get about 3 more cards, for a total of 6.

Christmas has been a bit expensive so far, but cheaper than back in the states. There's not much worth buying, and no catalogs to pique my interest. And no wide-lapped Santas to tell my wishes to. I'll probably be wearing a Santa suit on December 24 at my school. And I only weigh 150 pounds (or so).

If you get a Christmas card from me, you should feel guilty, dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home