Friday, August 15, 2003

After you've been here a while, you start to think that it isn't such a bad idea to take advantage of red lights.

I mean, think about it. You're waiting at a red light. There's no cross traffic. You need to make a left turn, and you'll have to wait another whole cycle for the light to change. By the time it's your turn, there will be a huge line of vehicles stopping you from making an early left. Shouldn't you just go now? Then you'd be out of the way of all the other traffic. You're doing them a favor. Yeah. Every fucking day I get stuck at this light. It's 45 seconds long. If I made this turn, and the other left up ahead where there's also never any traffic, I could shave 2 minutes off my drive. Missing this red light makes me miss the next one. The damned civil engineers are behind this. The same ones that didn't even line the roads up right to begin with. And there's that fucking light that absolutely no one ever stops at. Why the fuck do I waste my time? And Jesus, it's about to rain, and I don't want to have to pull over and get the fucking raincoat out of the fucking helmet-compartment. There's no way I'm waiting for this light in this downpour. Scooters don't need to pay any attention to this one, there's no way they could get in the way of oncoming traffic. And look, that old man with his grandson in a wicker kid-seat bungeed to the rear of his motorcycle didn't stop at this one either...

Friday's over for me. Ha. Have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home