Thursday, August 21, 2003

I am not a pedophile.

I work with kids all day long. Some of them are about 2 years old and they go up to about 6 years old. In Asia, it's not yet forbidden to have physical contact with strangers' kids. I just found myself thinking today that just doing my job here would get me in trouble at home. I see naked kids running around the hallways, looking for someone to wipe their asses. I see (ugh) impolite little girls in dresses sitting on the floor with their legs crossed.

It's just kind of ironic, that the one job I'm truly qualified for by way of experience is working with kids, but there's almost no chance I could do it back in North America. Once the parents knew I'm gay, they'd be running for their lawyers.

It's okay, though. I think by the time I leave Taiwan, I will certainly have had enough of this job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home