Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Hey everyone.  I honestly didn't know that anyone was still checking this.  That's the truth.  I'm not being modest or self-deprecating (although pointing it out is, in itself, kind of snooty), but I really haven't even thought about it.  I do kind of miss the habit of writing a little bit.  I think that must be what blogging is about for a lot of people.  Sure, there's the self-expression angle, but isn't it just nice to sit and write a few words that don't matter at all? 

I know a lot of people have to write things for work.  I actually have to write for my job.  As in, lots of fairly neat printing that is unlike my own personal handwriting.  I'm dealing with lots of people who have a tenuous grasp of English, and messy writing doesn't help anyone.  I could type, but then there's lots of tedious cutting and pasting instead.  Some of my printing has to be even neater, like making handwriting worksheets--does everyone remember this font?    Now, I'm using the computer for more of it, but it still isn't writing.

So, here are my meaningless words for the day.  No one at my school will read them, they're just for me and those of y'all stopping by.  I had to get that "y'all" out of my system.  It's been sitting inside me all week, surrounded by people who don't get that kind of crazy talk.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home