Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Today was a bad traffic day. There were two accidents that blocked the road with ambulances, and the expressway was closed for some reason, so everyone was on my road instead.

I hate to bitch about drivers, so instead I'll tell you about the ones I respect. The old men who smoke cigarettes hands-free while they ride their motorcycles at 30 kph. And you pass them again and again because they don't stop at the red lights. It's like they don't even exist. Although to be fair, I think that's the kind of person I saw getting hoisted into an ambulance this morning. I'm sure he wasn't doing anything wrong, it's just that the people with the green light weren't looking out for him.

These days I wait at red lights. The time is ending when you can get stopped by a Taiwanese traffic cop and he waves you away because he's embarrased about his English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home