Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Souveneirs from Boracay Island, Philippines:
1. Tie-dyed sarong, for the wall. I tried it on, but it wasn't my color.
2. Boring vacation video.
3. 20-peso note (about 40 cents). The locals would be pissed if they knew I had it, because there seems to be a chronic shortage of change on the island.
4. Small but extremely painful hole in my foot.
5. Sunburn.
6. Camera, ruined by sailboat excursion.

...and it was great. A side note to potential tourists: the local radio station plays nothing but pop hits from the 80s and 90s. You may have thought you had already heard enough Phil Collins, Whitney Houston and Chicago to last you a lifetime. You were wrong.

And now back to work. I've got a headache from yelling over my students all day, and I just discovered that there is no summer vacation anymore. My boss tried to placate me by telling me that I still get all the national holidays. And of course, in Taiwan, Saturday and Sunday are considered vacation. I already need another vacation. I'll just have to call in sick for a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home