Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Got Milk?

When I was a kid, we always had a gallon of milk in the fridge. Once I was old enough to drive, it was frequently my duty to be the one to remember to pick it up from the store on the way home from somewhere. So, yeah, I like milk.

This is not a complaint about the local milk. Taiwan's milk is just fine. It's available in all the usual varieties (whole,2%,skim,chocolate,soy), as well as an additional host of more unusual choices (papaya, apple, banana, fruit, etc..)

But...

It's only available in 2 liter jugs. In principle, that's fine, because our Taiwan fridge is small (about 4ft tall), and there are only two of us. And, it's quite a bit more expensive. Two liters of milk runs about $2.75 US.

Recently they have started selling 3L bottles. They still fit in our fridge, and necessitate fewer trips to the store. And the best part is that it actually makes me happier. It's nice to drink from a big new jug of milk, because it's guilt-free. You won't have to go back to the store for a couple of days, and you can still have cereal or Oreo cookies or a fucking milkshake. When you only have 2 liters at a time, it seems like you're always almost out. And you always need to save a little bit for next morning's coffee.



Oh, and as a random aside, I can't sort out what's wrong with the photo posting, so I won't be doing it for a while. It's not that important.

1 Comments:

At July 27, 2004 at 2:45 AM, Blogger redshot said...

I should like the 3l ones too. Milk and Corona Light are put side by side in my fridge. Strange combi, I know but I'm probably a lesser me without either. Hur hur.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home